‘…an amazing asset to the music program at Sunshine College! Simone imparts her remarkable skill and knowledge of West African drumming with the students, which also works to consolidate and extend their existing knowledge of rhythm. Simone is appreciated and embraced by all within the college.’ (Laura Gissara, Sunshine College)
Experience the passion and excitement of West African drumming in your primary/pre-primary or secondary school and have your students captivated in a hands-on, exhilarating exploration of the traditional rhythms of West Africa.
Hand drumming can enhance concentration, improve motor skills and co-ordination, is accessible to students of all ages and abilities, and most of all is exciting and engaging for students.
We specialise in:
- Weekly classes for small groups of students
- Interactive one-off workshops for small groups or whole schools
- Specialised 5-8 week ensemble courses held during school hours with a performance outcome at a school concert or event
- Artist in residence – long or short term
- Vacation care and out-of-school-hours programs
- In-service staff workshops
Simone currently teaches in schools across Melbourne’s Western suburbs for the Australian Children’s Music Foundation an organisations devoted to providing music education to those who wouldn’t normally have one. To find out more about the ACMF visit acmf.com.au
Contact us for further information about drumming workshops in your school or educational centre.